Replacement blades for my Mach 3 razor

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mach
In summary, the conversation focused on the topic of shaving and the use of different razors and electric shavers. Some users shared their experiences with different shaving methods and their preferences for a clean-shaven look or a scruffy beard. There was also some discussion about the cost of replacement blades and the effectiveness of electric shavers compared to traditional razors. One user asked for Astro's opinion on kissing with a beard, and another joked about their wife's preference for a clean-shaven look. Overall, the conversation highlighted various opinions and experiences with shaving and facial hair.

JasonRox said:
My current blade is about 4-5 months old right now. I'm very lucky that my skin isn't sensitive. No shaving cream either (just water). I never cut myself and I shave really fast. People who have seen me shave can't watch because they say it looks too painful.

In the end, I got nice soft and a clean shaven face. :smile:

Note: I shave about every 2 days. I'm 25 and can grow a beard. It's no teenage moustach.

Wow, just listening it sounds pretty painful...

Physics news on Phys.org

if your blade lasts 4-5 months and you shave every other day then it IS a teenage mustache. One way to find out is to shave with the plastic cover ON the razor and see if anyone notices a difference. I can get 5-7 shaves out of a good razor and I'm far from thick bearded. Can you strike a match on your stubble or does your chin feel more like your balls?

I don't remember the last time I bought blades. I got a new blade and razor for free in some package, but I have yet to use it.

I'll let you guys know when I change the one I'm using now. I'm guessing maybe near Christmas time.

JasonRox said:
I don't remember the last time I bought blades. I got a new blade and razor for free in some package, but I have yet to use it.

I'll let you guys know when I change the one I'm using now. I'm guessing maybe near Christmas time.

which ones & for how much?

Maybe, it's just the way you shave.

rootX said:
which ones & for how much?

Maybe, it's just the way you shave.

sharp parts should point towards the face. and actually make contact.

Before I used electric razors, I bought cheap Bic disposables by the bag. I never used creams, etc, just kept flushing the blades with running water while shaving. The guys I worked with looked at me like I was crazy when I shaved after showering, but I always got a close shave and went home every day without patches of toilet paper stuck to my face.

Cut, rinse, cut, rinse... it works. It's also really helpful to have had a nice hot shower before shaving.

tribdog said:
if your blade lasts 4-5 months and you shave every other day then it IS a teenage mustache. One way to find out is to shave with the plastic cover ON the razor and see if anyone notices a difference. I can get 5-7 shaves out of a good razor and I'm far from thick bearded. Can you strike a match on your stubble or does your chin feel more like your balls?

:rofl: I'm middle eastern. I was born with a full beard. But on a more serious note, I shave every day and it probably lasts around a week or so.

I always used cheap disposables until the day I tried an expensive Gillette. I couldn't believe the difference. I say buy the best shaving cream and razor you can afford. Splurge for once, you can cut costs in other areas like fabric softener sheets. That's a good rule in life: Always buy the best when it comes to razors, duct tape, toilet paper, tampons and paper towels.

tribdog said:
I always used cheap disposables until the day I tried an expensive Gillette. I couldn't believe the difference. I say buy the best shaving cream and razor you can afford. Splurge for once, you can cut costs in other areas like fabric softener sheets. That's a good rule in life: Always buy the best when it comes to razors, duct tape, toilet paper, tampons and paper towels.
Tampons? What do you use those for?

nose bleeds, cleaning in between tiles.
No actually I buy them in case they are needed. If you are good to the vagina, the vagina will be good to you.

I think he is just saying, in general you need to make sure they are good. I hope he really doesn't use them..:uhh:.. Cheap tampons= bad idea. It's best to spend more money and know they work good, lol.

mcknia07 said:
I think he is just saying, in general you need to make sure they are good. I hope he really doesn't use them..:uhh:.. Cheap tampons= bad idea. It's best to spend more money and know they work good, lol.
Cheap pontoons = bad. Cheap tampons = really, do you care?

tribdog said:
nose bleeds
I have heard before that guys use them like for that, like in football, I thought they were kind of kidding with me

turbo-1 said:

Umm yeah, I don't want a cheap tampon, I'm a chick... So I kinda do care, for me...lol

turbo-1 said:

Oh no no no tubo...cheap tampons = really, really bad idea!

mcknia07 said:
Umm yeah, I don't want a cheap tampon, I'm a chick... So I kinda do care, for me...lol
Well, show up ready for the big game, then. If I had overnight/weekend company with special requirements, I hoped they were well-prepared. I'd try to make sure that quality food, drink, and entertainment were covered, but it's pretty hard to cover all the variables.

turbo-1 said:

I would buy cheap baby food before I'd buy cheap tampons. I would buy cheap parachute silk before I'd buy cheap tampons. I would buy cheap testicular implants before I'd buy cheap tampons. No other product is so necessary when it is necessary, for the thing that gives you more pleasure than everything else in the world combined. Show your woman you care and life is better

tribdog said:
Splurge for once, you can cut costs in other areas like fabric softener sheets. That's a good rule in life: Always buy the best when it comes to razors, duct tape, toilet paper, tampons and paper towels.

and condoms. Or you'll be spending LOTS of money on one of these.

crying_baby.jpg

lisab said:
Oh no no no tubo...cheap tampons = really, really bad idea!
I'd do my best, really. Decent soaps, shampoos, etc, but it some lady started suggesting that I start laying in supplies of custom soaps with ground-up peach-pit exfoliants, I'd drop her like a hot (high-maintenance) potato.

Math Is Hard said:

crying_baby.jpg
Oh, MIH, that brings things into a pretty tight focus.

Math Is Hard said:

crying_baby.jpg

:rofl:

I also have to chime in that cheap tampons are a bad idea. Though, I'm wondering if that backfires on tribdog? I mean, it's really considerate that if a guest is in need of one, there is one available, but on the other hand, if I walked into a single guy's bathroom and he had tampons in it, I'd be wondering who the woman is he isn't telling me about...a wife or live-in girlfriend out of town? I guess you could just claim they were left behind by the ex-girlfriend and stay out of trouble.

tribdog said:

I'll show pictures of my brother. He let's his grow more than mine before shaving and I get more hair than he does. I'll have pictures soon because I just went to a wedding last night.

And no, it's not a teenage mustache.

Talk about hijacking my thread, bloody ridiculous...

turbo-1 said:
I'd do my best, really. Decent soaps, shampoos, etc, but it some lady started suggesting that I start laying in supplies of custom soaps with ground-up peach-pit exfoliants, I'd drop her like a hot (high-maintenance) potato.

why? I don't get it really. If it's easy and she wants it, do it. If fancy soap makes her happy, buy fancy soap. If she likes more foreplay give her more foreplay. If she likes lacy pillows on the couch put lacy pillows on the couch. You do so many horrible and gross things she has to put up with, let her win the little battles that don't mean anything to you anyway.

JasonRox said:
I'll show pictures of my brother. He let's his grow more than mine before shaving and I get more hair than he does. I'll have pictures soon because I just went to a wedding last night.

And no, it's not a teenage mustache.

:rofl: Relax. Take a deep breath. No one claimed it was a teenage mustache.

tribdog said:
why? I don't get it really. If it's easy and she wants it, do it. If fancy soap makes her happy, buy fancy soap. If she likes more foreplay give her more foreplay. If she likes lacy pillows on the couch put lacy pillows on the couch. You do so many horrible and gross things she has to put up with, let her win the little battles that don't mean anything to you anyway.

I never knew you liked a woman that wears pants.

All this excellent advice is being given to you by someone who broke up with his girlfriend last night so take it for what its worth. I think its good advice though.

Cyrus said:

You're English?

JasonRox said:
You're English?
Aspiring to be English. What ho and all that...

Cyrus said:
I never knew you liked a woman that wears pants.

We are talking about a person who is going to let you put parts of your body into every nook and cranny your perverted little mind can find on her body. If she'd like a padded toilet seat, just give it to her.

tribdog said:
We are talking about a person who is going to let you put parts of your body into every nook and cranny your perverted little mind can find on her body. If she'd like a padded toilet seat, just give it to her.

Can I give it to her on the padded toilet seat? Cost/benifit ratio > 1

Cyrus said:

I know, I left like an hour ago, and came back and it went from 3 to 5 pages, and its all about tampons!

binzing said:
I know, I left like an hour ago, and came back and it went from 3 to 5 pages, and its all about tampons!

It's .. BS :rofl:

after 1 hr ..

Last edited:

And actually I've never bought tampons unless they were needed immediately. But I do buy the best and any leftovers can stay til they are needed again.

tribdog said:
And actually I've never bought tampons unless they were needed immediately. But I do buy the best and any leftovers can stay til they are needed again.

Are you all secretive when you buy them...like go to the self check out lane so no one can see you?:rofl: