Resistance of Displacement Current

In summary, the resistance of displacement current is a measure of the opposition to the flow of displacement current in a material. It is different from the resistance of traditional electric current and is affected by factors such as permittivity, frequency, and circuit dimensions. The resistance can be calculated using the formula R = ε/ωC and is important in determining the behavior of electric and electromagnetic fields in a circuit and in the design of electronic devices. It is also crucial for efficient energy transmission in high-frequency applications.
Kushank
I guess i have discovered or i may say re-discovered if already existing a formula for the resistance offered to the displacement current in capacitors.
I am not talking about the capacitive reactance but, a resistance which depends on time, area and further more calculations.
What shall i do?
I don't even know how to verify if its correct or not but, it matches dimensionally.

Physics news on Phys.org
How can we judge, if you don't give the details?

1. What is the resistance of displacement current?

The resistance of displacement current is a measure of the opposition to the flow of displacement current in a material. It is typically denoted by the symbol R and is measured in ohms (Ω).

2. How is the resistance of displacement current different from the resistance of traditional electric current?

The resistance of displacement current is different from the resistance of traditional electric current in that it is not related to the material's ability to conduct electricity. Instead, it is related to the rate at which the displacement current changes with time.

3. What factors affect the resistance of displacement current?

The resistance of displacement current is affected by the material's permittivity, the frequency of the displacement current, and the dimensions of the circuit. It is also influenced by the presence of other materials or objects in the circuit.

4. How is the resistance of displacement current calculated?

The resistance of displacement current can be calculated using the formula R = ε/ωC, where ε is the permittivity of the material, ω is the angular frequency of the displacement current, and C is the capacitance of the circuit.

5. Why is the resistance of displacement current important?

The resistance of displacement current is important because it affects the behavior of electric and electromagnetic fields in a circuit. It also plays a role in the design and operation of electronic devices and can impact the efficiency of energy transmission in high-frequency applications.