Resistance of the insulation in coaxial cable

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
rupesh57272
Messages
6
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Determine the resistance of the insulation in a length l of coaxial cable.inner radius = a and outer radius= b.

Homework Equations



R=[itex]\rho[/itex][itex]\frac{l}{A}[/itex]
Area= [itex]\pi[/itex] [itex](b^2 - a^2)[/itex]

The Attempt at a Solution


I calculated the area between the two concentric 'circle' with radius 'a' and 'b'.

Then I calculated R using the formula.

However I am not sure whether it is correct approach or not
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
rupesh57272 said:

Homework Statement


Determine the resistance of the insulation in a length l of coaxial cable.inner radius = a and outer radius= b.


Homework Equations



R=[itex]\rho[/itex][itex]\frac{l}{A}[/itex]
Area= [itex]\pi[/itex] [itex](b^2 - a^2)[/itex]

The Attempt at a Solution


I calculated the area between the two concentric 'circle' with radius 'a' and 'b'.

Then I calculated R using the formula.

However I am not sure whether it is correct approach or not

I believe you will need to do an integration instead. The value of A is changing with radius...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person