RF Energy Harvesting Simulation

• Thread starter kn_patil
  • Start date
I want to do RF energy harvesting simulation for the measurement of Power Conversion Efficiency.
So how can be simulation done on a single platform?. Kindly suggest

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Welcome to PF. :smile:

Can you say more about what you want to simulate? What types of simulation software do you have access to? SPICE, COMSOL, NEC (antenna simulations), others?

What frequency band(s) do you want to harvest energy from? What is the physical size of your device and what is your planned antenna configuration? Do you have information about what field strengths are available in the areas where you want to do this RF energy harvesting?

https://www.qsl.net/4nec2/

ergy from? What is the physical size of your device
I want to use the 2.4 GHz band and the entire thing I want to do in simulation. I want to increase the power conversion efficiency. So which is a platform where I can do this

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
@berkeman asked you five questions. You answered one. If you answer the other four, you'll get better advice.

Likes davenn and berkeman
sophiecentaur
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2020 Award
Can you say more about what you want to simulate?
Exactly. A simulation package cannot define your problem; it can only work out results from a scenario you specify. The only 'simulation' that can exactly do your job would have to be one that was written by someone else who posed the self same question. Perhaps what the OP should be doing, to start with, is to estimate the level of energy that is wasted the then estimate the fraction of that energy that the 'harvesting' process could grab.

I always get grumpy about questions about Harvesting unless they are very specific. Say where you feel there is some 'spare energy' to be had from an existing process. If there is some spare energy then I would suggest that someone has not got an efficient design in the first place.

Likes russ_watters