Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Root programming

1. Feb 4, 2013 #1
    Hi all,

I want ask you about root programming, if I have the SMM data

How I can do the following:

1- Draw the charge, mass and energy distribution of the reaction products

2- Draw the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments as function of impact parameter and excitation energy

3- Draw the position distribution of the different fragments (as function of Z) to determine the geometrical acceptance of the detectors

4- Draw the Zmax as function of Zbound (do the same for each one as function of the impact parameter.

thanks a lot,

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2013 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

If you want any help, you need to show what you have done first. Is this schoolwork?

4. Feb 5, 2013 #3
    More info than you provided is needed for anyone to help you. These aren't generic ROOT questions. You are asking questions that would need extensive knowledge of the experiment this data is from. What is the SMM data? The Solar Maximum Mission? That's from the 1980s...

Also as was already asked, are these questions from an assignment? The wording sure seems like an assignment...

If it's not an assignment, do you know anyone else that works on this experiment? They would be the only ones that could help you.

5. Feb 6, 2013 #4
    I want to learning root programming and my Doctors give me some examples in nuclear physics and I will do that.

I have A (atomic mass number ) , Z ( atomic number) , E (Energy), impact, momentum and Theta data see attachment

My attempts is:

1- Draw between Z and A

2- Draw between Z and E

see attachment

How I can extract the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments and the position of the different fragments from this data ?

thanks a lot

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook