Rotate Mass: How to Rotate a Load 180-360 Deg.

  • Thread starter Thread starter CHARLES ARUL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mass Rotation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
CHARLES ARUL
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Dear friends,
I am new to this forum , and I've just joined. I would like to ask a specific query reg. the rotation of mass. I need to rotate a mass from its center axes.So i would like some of you to guide me , how to proceed in this matter.Rotation by a drive mechanism , so that the load may be rotated by 180 to 360 deg. Pl. help me out. Thanks is advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Charles.
I'm afraid that you'll have to provide more information; your question is incomplete.
First, are you asking how to determine the centre of mass, or advice on a mechanism to rotate it?
 
Thanks

Dear friends,

Thanks for your quick reply. In continuation with my query , I need to rotate a mass of nearly 10 tonne about its centre axis , and the component is a fabricated rectangular structure.Its got a bore and I'm planning to use the same , using a shaft and rotate it.
 
Are we to assume that you have a way to get this on the shaft and that you just need a drive mechanism? You could do this with industrial strength belts and motors. What are the dimensions of this piece?
 
This is indeed on a considerably different scale than I was thinking of. Are you able to post a diagram?