- ice skater with mass = 80 kg
- moment of inertia (about her central axis) 3 kg m2.
- Catch baseball with outstretched arm 1m from her central axis.
- Ball has mass 0.3 kg and v0 = 20 m/s before the catch.
- V system ( skater + ball ) after catch = 0.0747 m/s
b. Angular speed of the system (skater + ball) after the catch ?
c. Percent Kinetic Energy lost during catch ?
Is it correct ( answer for question c) ?
If yes, why K0 or kinetic energy before the catch doesn't have rotational kinetic energy ?
Ball has ω0 so it have rotational kinetic right ?