1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rotational Mechanics and Torque With Relation to planes?

1. May 19, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    For my physics class we need to research on internet how torque and rotational mechanics has to do with planes. I already know a little about torque. I know that torque helps planes turn and spin (pivot). Is there anything else torque has to do with planes? Also, could I have an brief idea about rotational mechanics. I already looked it up, I found great sites about it, but no in relation to planes. Any information would be great. Thanks!

2. Relevant equations
    Non applicable

3. The attempt at a solution
    I looked up the answer, but got nothing in relation to planes.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2010 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi YodaSan2! Welcome you are to PF! :smile:
    I can't guess what your teacher is thinking about … rotation and torques are concerned with axes, not planes. :confused:

Anyway, rotational mechanics is basically about τ = Iα (torque = moment of inertia times angular acceleration), the rotational equivalent of F = ma (force = mass times linear acceleration). :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook