Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Sarah Palin found something useful to do

1. Jan 14, 2010 #1
    Murdoch appointed her as news analyst on Fox. I guess not everybody will find this hilarious, but I do.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2010 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I thought Ms. Palins defeat was blamed on the bias of the elite media - and then she joins the premier American News broadcaster

4. Jan 14, 2010 #3

cronxeh

Gold Member

So she decided to educate herself on the world around her, by inventing the world around her and projecting it on the public? That is funny.

5. Jan 14, 2010 #4

Dembadon

Gold Member

The bolded word in the quote is what gave me a chuckle.

I am actually more excited to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on her broadcast days. They'll certainly have a great deal more material after she's up and runnin'.

6. Jan 14, 2010 #5

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No - this is a cunning neo-con plot to put them out of business.
    How can you satirize Palin as a news analyst? This is going to rob them of a big junk of material

7. Jan 14, 2010 #6

Ben Niehoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I move that the title of this thread be changed to "Sarah Palin found something to do".

8. Jan 14, 2010 #7

Dembadon

Gold Member

Hear, hear!!

9. Jan 14, 2010 #8
    I found it useful how she helps to clarify the concept of "fair and balanced" :tongue2:

10. Jan 14, 2010 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Useful?

Sadly predictable. In fact I am pretty sure that I did predict it somewhere around here.

11. Jan 14, 2010 #10
    From governor to news analyst, and two years from now, coffee filter tester.

12. Jan 14, 2010 #11
    now all fox has to do is make Jessica Simpson as Palin's co-host/co-analyst, and the picture would be complete

13. Jan 14, 2010 #12

cronxeh

Gold Member

Ohh totally.. She should replace Billy Mays and do As Seen On Tv

14. Jan 14, 2010 #13
    naw naw my friend ... she joined FOX. LMAO

15. Jan 14, 2010 #14

turbo

Gold Member

I think Carrie Prejean would be a better choice, but that's just me.

16. Jan 14, 2010 #15
    This one is smarter than you people give her credit for. Next time shes up for election shes going to know the issues much better, and she gets air time every single day in the process while being paid. Smart move on her part.

17. Jan 14, 2010 #16

edward

Gold Member

FOX news analyst, well she did find something that matches her skill level.

Book: GAME CHANGE

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  18. Jan 14, 2010 #17

Dembadon

Gold Member

I thought the whole reason she resigned from being Gov. was to get away from "politics as usual." Would it not be enormously hypocritical to then run again? I am surprised that she even joined such a strongly biased "news network" and, in my opinion, placed huge emphasis on just how ludicrous and disingenuous her reason for resignation was in the first place.

19. Jan 14, 2010 #18

turbo

Gold Member

No, she gets credit for being a lot smarter than she is. According to Steve Schmidt (McCain's campaign manager), she thought the Iraqi government planned the WTC attacks, didn't know that North Korea and South Korea were seperate countries, and thought the the entire continent of Africa was a country. After switching colleges 6 times in 6 years, we might expect some gaps in her knowledge, but this is ridiculous. Schmidt says that if she is the GOP candidate in 2012, it would be catastrophic for the party. He knows her intellectual limitations, probably better than anyone, since he and her other handlers had to work overtime to prepare her for even the most basic public statements.

20. Jan 14, 2010 #19
    Did you read what I wrote? Obviously not.

21. Jan 14, 2010 #20
    You are naive then, because you believe what comes out of her mouth. You really think she left because of "politics as usual"? She is politics as usual.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook