Scientific American Subscription 20% off

Answers and Replies

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That was easy. Thanks for the link. I'll be receiving my subscription in 4 to 6 weeks.

That was easy. Thanks for the link. I'll be receiving my subscription in 4 to 6 weeks.
great, enjoy!

Borek
Mentor
Phew, copy sent to Poland is almost twice cheaper than subscription to Polish edition (called "Świat Nauki"). Partially because of the weak $ and strong PLN, but it doesn't explain all.

I just wonder - is it really subscription to PF members? I was not asked whether I am one of ;-)

-

Well, I ordered it. I figured I might as well give it a try for a year.

Eric

Phew, copy sent to Poland is almost twice cheaper than subscription to Polish edition (called "Świat Nauki"). Partially because of the weak $ and strong PLN, but it doesn't explain all.

I just wonder - is it really subscription to PF members? I was not asked whether I am one of ;-)
I guess the price for which we subscribed includes the offer ;).

Its cheaper than sci.am. in my country too. Thanx to euro/$ ratio, it turns out only 1.83eu per
magazine. And if you imagine that one can buy each (american edition) magazine for about
3-5eu its a really nice offer.

Thanks.

Maybe the link is invisible or something to non-PF members. :tongue:

Well, either which way - I'm glad your forum is getting recognition, I hope your work is rewarded Mr. Bernhardt.

Now to the forum -
May the conversations be lively.

CarlB
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I ordered one. Seems I buy one every couple months at the checkout counter at a much higher price.

wolram
Gold Member
I put in for 12 months, considering i pay over £3 for motorcycle mags the price is peanuts.

exi
Done. What better way to spend $1.67 a month?

does this subscription comes with the 'parallel universe' distribution?
it seems to come with the $44 package
what about the PF package?

LURCH
Science Advisor
Hope the offer i sgoing to be open a while. No sense signing up untill my current subscription runs out.

Hope the offer i sgoing to be open a while. No sense signing up untill my current subscription runs out.
As far as I know there is no termination date for this deal.

sweet! just the excuse i needed to put up the money for a sci am subscription :)

Can non-American subscribe? Anyway, I was already a subscriber before you guys teamed up.

djeitnstine
Gold Member
It says in bold up top

As an exclusive offer for physics forums blog members,
Scientific American takes your science inquiries to the next level..
Btw, how long is this offer valid for? I'd like to take part in it but not until I move to the US in 3 months. Any ideas?

It says in bold up top

Btw, how long is this offer valid for? I'd like to take part in it but not until I move to the US in 3 months. Any ideas?
No deadline at this time.

Borek
Mentor
It says in bold up top

As an exclusive offer for physics forums blog members,
Scientific American takes your science inquiries to the next level..
It may say anything, as long as it is enough to follow the link, it is in fact an open offer.

And don't get me wrong - I don't say that to criticize or to question anything, intentions or whatever, I have asked just out of curiosity :smile: I have friends that are NOT members of PF and they can be interested in this offer as well.

It may say anything, as long as it is enough to follow the link, it is in fact an open offer.

And don't get me wrong - I don't say that to criticize or to question anything, intentions or whatever, I have asked just out of curiosity :smile: I have friends that are NOT members of PF and they can be interested in this offer as well.
Tell them to sign up at PF :)

Cool, might do it, or at least tell some friends. Now you guys just need to work on a connection with Discover magazine.

:smile: Oh, great! Thanks a lot!!! :cool:

I love it! Thanks so much for posting. This site was already such a lifesaver, now it's getting me discounts too. :)

sweet price, nice offer, but the page where we're supposed to write our visa nb. does not seem to be encrypted.