1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus Seeking a Recommendation for Multivariable/Vector Calculus

1. Jan 7, 2015 #1
    Dear Physics Forum friends,

I am a same person who recently wrote a post here about seeking the good textbooks for linear algebra. I apologize for this interruption again but I was wondering if you could recommend me some good textbooks about multivariable/vector calculus (what is difference between multivariable calculus and vector calculus?). I will be taking both the theoretical linear algebra and multivariable calculus on next semester. My university uses its own etextbook for that multivariable calculus course, but it is very computational and does not care about the theory...Could you recommend me a book that has both the theories and applications of multivariable/vector calculus and also have a clear exposition and challenging problem sets? I heard quite a few textbook written by Serge Lang, Wendell Fleming, Richard Williamson, Thomas, Stewart, and Hubbard; I do not know the difficulty levels of those books....are they about the same level as Apostol's vol. II?

Sincerely,

MSK

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2015 #2
    If you're looking for theory, I'd say Apostol is your best bet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted