Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Semi-circular beam and castigliano's theorum

1. May 17, 2007 #1
    hey guys,
    firstly i know this topic is on this website somewhere already but the answers were very good and not complete..

i need a had with this question:
    first heres the situation....
    semicircular beam fixed at one end with a load on the other...

how can i find out the equations of horazontal and vertical deflection at any point on the beam using castigliano's theorum with moment deflections in vertical and horazontal and axial deflections?

im finding it difficult and would really appreciate the help.. or even the answer :D with detailed solutions that follow working through..

i dont expect this.. but just really hoping for someone really brainy to come along and help me out before my deadline in 4 days..

thanks, Ash

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2007 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  4. May 17, 2007 #3
    the attachment is the lab sheet with picture of the beam and its orientation.
    if i can get workings for the theoretical deflections of anywhere on the beam, specifically the point where the load is acting, in both horazontal and vertical.
    hope this makes things more clear..
    thanks

Attached Files:

5. May 17, 2007 #4

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Hey Dicko, we cannot provide a complete solution because of PF rules, but if you show your attempt just like robip did on his thread, we will gladly help out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?