Semi-compressible encapsulated gas suspension as a working fluid

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
lostminty
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Been playing with this idea

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Quasi-aerogel

It's been boiled down to some sort of elastomeric beads, filled with a suitable gas/fluid/liquid (depending on pressure/temperature) suspended in a liquid.

The idea is to increase pumping and compression efficiency, while still retaining the usefulness of enthalpy of formation from phase changes from the encapsulated working fluid.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
The name of the website leads me to suspect the outcome of this project.
 
Thanks. I understand the connotations of the site, but I am not that way inclined. I tend to have more follow through than a typical 'baker'.

This idea, if feasible, would be a potential research project at my university.
 
Well, I have 3 things to say:
1) I like the idea.
2) I have doubts as to its veracity.
3) I have absolutely no knowledge of the subject, and thus am not qualified to comment.