Jarvis323
- 1,247
- 988
You've got some good magnification going on there. Nice!Jarvis323 said:Some creatures I found in my garden
IPhone X. The camera was only a few inches away. As close as I could get it without losing focus.DennisN said:You've got some good magnification going on there. Nice!
What gear did you use, I wonder? A mobile phone, compact, DSLR or mirrorless camera?
Owls are a nice example of how evolution works. Despite their reputation, they are actually not very smart. They simply do not have to! Their physiological properties make them perfect hunters at night. No need to be smart.BillTre said:
That owl looks like it's auditioning for the serial killer role in a cop thriller movie.BillTre said:
Been there, seen that, more times than I can remember.Drakkith said:
Looks as if someone leaked information about Covid and hoarding began.BillTre said:
Rather, it's paid service they doin'Drakkith said:Hey, they're just borrowing it. They'll return it later!


If you want a good example of a dumb insect, look no further than the June Bug:Rive said:I found them bumblebees a bit ... dumb
The ten lined june beetle is pretty cool.Drakkith said:If you want a good example of a dumb insect, look no further than the June Bug:
View attachment 287955
It can barely walk, it flies like it's had 9 shots of vodka after taking a Xanax, and rumor has it that it failed its last three math tests.
When it's about weird flying then stag beetles are really unmatchedDrakkith said:it flies like it's had 9 shots of vodka after taking a Xanax
Incredible photos!BillTre said:Here are some fun photomicrographs from this year's Nikon Small World Contest:

DennisN said:The details in the "Head of a Midge" photo made my jaw drop.![]()