Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 328K views
Did it crawl inside a pillow or something?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am curious just how those beads were removed from the cat. Vacuum cleaner? Mechanical wipe? Bathe & Scoop?
 
jtbell said:
Did it crawl inside a pillow or something?
I guess it was a box, a postal parcel that contained something fragile. I remember those tiny styrofoam balls in parcels.
 
symbolipoint said:
I am curious just how those beads were removed from the cat. Vacuum cleaner? Mechanical wipe? Bathe & Scoop?
I asked myself the same question. It must have been a nightmare.
 
Bystander said:
Beanbag chair/lounger.
That was my thought too from the size. You can buy big bales of the stuff for refilling them, which come in thin plastic bags that wouldn't stand up to claws for a second.

As for getting it off, my first thought is that it's held on by static. I'd think trying some careful stroking with a bundle of well-earthed wires would be worth a try.
 
Ibix said:
some careful stroking with a bundle of well-earthed wires
Just a slightly wet sponge does the trick.
And, for a cat that's just a childhood kittenhood nostalgia.
 
Last edited:
A box is seen in the picture. Occam's razor says to me that the cat jumped in it. Our bean bags here are filled with beans, not styrofoam balls, many parcels, however, are.
 
fresh_42 said:
A box is seen in the picture. Occam's razor says to me that the cat jumped in it. Our bean bags here are filled with [...]
My brain was so primed that you were going to say 'cats' here...
 
The trucker gave him a banana!

ohc=tWLBN0AgtKsQ7kNvgFfEqzG&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, Rive and BillTre
Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 7.49.39 AM.png


Numbers are reduced and approaching threatened status.
Cute, but watch out for the males. They have poisonous spurs on their back legs.
 
  • Like
  • Care
Likes   Reactions: Rive, edwardII, collinsmark and 1 other person
Maybe looking for a better comparison, the husky dorsal side down is more like a non-functioning engine than a flat tire.

(But if that, then would only group would run at reduced speed...)
 
My first thought was a saying from my college that has nothing to do with cars.

Watch out where the Huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and berkeman
symbolipoint said:
Maybe looking for a better comparison, the husky dorsal side down is more like a non-functioning engine than a flat tire.
Yeah. One bad cylinder.
 
“I exist, therefore I SCREAM.”
IMG_8432.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, collinsmark and BillTre
This bird is funny AND it can dance!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Flyboy and BillTre
Two therapy dogs I met at the hospital today. What kind of jerk would someone have to be to not have their mood improved by these two?

Edit: Hmm, can't rotate it.
Edit: Tried to rotate on the phone and it puts it the other way. Heads on the right instead of left.
KIMG4777~3.JPG
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and symbolipoint