Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 329K views
A lovely little bird... on a snare drum... playing... :biggrin:

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, edwardII, BillTre and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Happy new 2025!
Remember to watch out for Himalayan fur goblins! :smile:

1)


2)
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, edwardII and collinsmark
1735706028350.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, collinsmark, edwardII and 2 others
Ivan Seeking said:
A new form of animal abuse - cat shaming.
There used to be a website I liked called catscan.
Someone would hold a squirming cat on a flatbed scanner and get really distorted images of them from the scan.
Cat lovers would get very upset and threaten the website.
 
BillTre said:
There used to be a website I liked called catscan.
Someone would hold a squirming cat on a flatbed scanner and get really distorted images of them from the scan.
Cat lovers would get very upset and threaten the website.
Ah, poor kitties! They seem to understand to some extent when they are being ridiculed. And they definitely understand being adored. We had one cat with a huge fluffy tail. Whenever I would adore her tail and tell her how beautiful it was, she would start drooling.
 
A cute sleeping baby mouse from a science news article on how their brain blood vessels pulse to exchange fluids in the brain.
Screenshot 2025-01-09 at 8.35.32 AM.png
 
berkeman said:
What happened to those 4 missing muffins?
Her name is muffin?
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Borg
The trombone dog looks photoshopped. Good for a laugh at any rate.
:
Dog: "I thought trombone meant an actual bone." :H
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking
Averagesupernova said:
The trombone dog looks photoshopped.
Haha, I didn't notice that at first but now I can't miss it.
 
The trombones look photoshopped as well. They aren't holding them like they should.
 
Borg said:
The trombones look photoshopped as well. They aren't holding them like they should.
Other than by looking for trombone player pix on the Internet a few minutes ago I don't have the slightest idea how to hold a trombone. Based on my search, the way they hold them certainly does look wrong. I'd be more inclined to believe that the trombones are real and the kids don't know anything about them. (Like me). The pic was a setup. A bit less funny, but a good try.
 
Borg said:
The trombones look photoshopped as well. They aren't holding them like they should.
They are holding them left-handed, which I think is simply because the picture has been reversed, and at an odd angle, but the way they are holding them they could well be playing them. (My youngest brother is a professional trombone player, and I sometimes used to play along on his previous instrument in his early days).
 
Here's a pic of the web that based on the guys shirt is obviously mirrored. Matches the position of the kids in the pic. Can't find any writing in the pic with the dog to indicate it is mirrored or not. But if it were not mirrored, I think the assembly of the trombone would be wrong compared to the below pic. Unless there is such a thing as a left handed trombone. Please don't laugh. 😆
636537824830345517-16x9.jpg
 
Borg said:
The trombones look photoshopped as well. They aren't holding them like they should.
1737244231161.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, Ibix and Averagesupernova