Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers
- Thread starter micromass
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 328K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
Who says cat staff is limited to humans?
edwardII
- 1
- 803
I saw a couple of horses outside of a Starbucks a while back here in AZ.berkeman said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 19,385
- 15,622
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,802
- 2,207
"Dog Library"
Must dogs be accompanied by a human?
(for the post #2952)
Must dogs be accompanied by a human?
(for the post #2952)
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 7,830
- 4,173
Was at a friend's farm yesterday:
Cows are much more timid than I expected, they kept backing away.
Cows are much more timid than I expected, they kept backing away.
- 13,926
- 16,804
A moth, that would probably be better camouflaged if it had at least had the sense to sit on a patterned bedsheet.
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 7,830
- 4,173
Since COVID lockdown, successive generations of red-headed woodpeckers (Melanerpes erythrocephalus) have taken peanuts from our feeder and then, later in the season, brought their fledglings to feed as well. I caught a pair today:
While I was photographing the 5th generation (Nikon D810 + nikkor 400/2.8 @ f/5.6, 1/1000 s auto ISO) a cardinal was giving me the side-eye:
While I was photographing the 5th generation (Nikon D810 + nikkor 400/2.8 @ f/5.6, 1/1000 s auto ISO) a cardinal was giving me the side-eye:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 3,447
- 3,741
I don't know for certain, but I suspect it's something viewed edge-on (cylinder-esque).berkeman said:
- 7,830
- 4,173
Those are definitely fragments of one or more peanuts, carried by the adult (still in the shell) up to the top of the pole, the adult then breaks open the shell and feeds the young. Fascinating to watch....berkeman said:
- 7,830
- 4,173
Female Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris):
Nikon D810+ Nikkor 800/5.6 @ f/8, 1/1000s Auto ISO.
Nikon D810+ Nikkor 800/5.6 @ f/8, 1/1000s Auto ISO.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666