Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 328K views
1737250556136.png
 
  • Love
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jtbell and Ivan Seeking
Physics news on Phys.org
Averagesupernova said:
Here's a pic of the web that based on the guys shirt is obviously mirrored. Matches the position of the kids in the pic. Can't find any writing in the pic with the dog to indicate it is mirrored or not. But if it were not mirrored, I think the assembly of the trombone would be wrong compared to the below pic. Unless there is such a thing as a left handed trombone. Please don't laugh. 😆 View attachment 356057
The pipe joint between the two parts of a basic trombone can tightened up at any angle, so a "left-handed" trombone would merely involve reversing the angle. However, if it also contains the additional pipework and trigger for switching a tenor trombone from Bb to F (as is normal for a professional instrument), I think that is normally designed to be operated by the left hand. In this picture, I can see some extra pipework over the shoulder, so even if the backwards text was not visible, that would confirm mirroring of the image.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Averagesupernova
#2886,
If was not trained for protection, then may not respond to protect; but quickly eating the food? Hell of a response!
 
Almost live from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania:

IMG_0940.jpeg


Phil has seen his shadow, so hunker down for six more weeks of winter!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, collinsmark, berkeman and 1 other person
Oh my god, this made me laugh so hard... :biggrin:

 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint and collinsmark
Here is an uncommon view of a somewhat familiar critter:
(alcian blue stains cartilage)

Screenshot 2025-02-06 at 8.19.07 PM.png
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, DennisN and Ibix
Gosh, a lovely short clip.... this is a ridiculously high level of trust between a bird and a human*:

https://imgur.com/gallery/this-little-bird-refuses-to-leave-hand-of-its-rescuer-ZMcF3TK

* By the way, once when I was out in a cemetery photographing birds, I happened to see a young woman just standing and smiling, while a number of small birds kept flying around her, and some landed on her hand. I tried to take shot of it, but I never made it. She told me she was surprised that none of the birds seemed to fear her. I've heard that some people seem to have a natural ability to attract wild animals, maybe due to a naturally friendly body language. Maybe she was such a person.

Such a thing has never happened to me with birds, but it has happened to me with both cats and dogs.

Once, in the same cemetery, I was approached by a cat I had never seen before. It just walked calmly straight towards me from 20 meters away, without any hesitation or stopping. It was so strange to see it happening that I wondered what the cat was up to. Well, it just stopped by my feet and rolled around showing its belly, so I went down to cuddle it without any problem. 🙂
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, OCR and edwardII
berkeman said:

Perhaps it's the cynic in me, but to my eyes those clips look to be AI creations.
 
This one I actually took. I wonder if there is a single fiber anywhere in this cat that is not on super high alert?

KIMG4890.JPG
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, edwardII, BillTre and 4 others
Looks like it got too curious about a van de Graaff generator!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and Averagesupernova
A belated holiday greeting.

IMG_0952.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, collinsmark, Ibix and 1 other person