Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 328K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Here is a good description of what goes on in parts of metamorphosing insects:

Screenshot 2025-03-11 at 10.57.21 PM.png

The pictures of developing wing disks:
Screenshot 2025-03-11 at 10.57.49 PM.png


These kinds of visual displays of gene expression in different areas of tissues is both common and useful in developmental studies.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and Ibix
1 day old armadillo babies born to an injured mother who died in a shelter.
Screenshot 2025-03-25 at 12.54.07 PM.png

I believe they are usually born as octuplates (sets of 8 twin offspring).
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, collinsmark, Rive and 2 others
I'm on top of the world! Or at least on top of the tree stump...

IMG_1139.jpeg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, collinsmark, Rive and 1 other person
Sounds like moose-see TV.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, berkeman, jtbell and 1 other person
jtbell said:
Are you folowing it, @DennisN ? :wink:
No, I did not know about it. Quite fun that some people are that fascinated by moose :biggrin:.
 
From a TV commercial by a lawyer in this area:

IMG_1175.jpeg


I often seen them outstanding in their fields while I'm driving around the back roads.
 
Last edited:
Busted!

52 km/h in a 30 km/h speed zone.

IMG_1190.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Rive, collinsmark, DennisN and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
Jackpot!
Another heist I laughed at the other day.
This seagull is so cool-headed... :smile:

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and fresh_42
DennisN said:
Another heist I laughed at the other day.
This seagull is so cool-headed... :smile:


I have seen a video about a cat these days that watched people at a fish market exchanging strange pieces of paper for fish. Ever since, it comes every morning with a leave to buy a fish. And just today, I saw a girl in Seattle who regularly feeds a flock of crows, and the crows bring her little gifts in return. They even changed their gifts from natural things at the beginning to artificial gifts like little plastic octopuses, hearts, or other shiny things.
 
  • Like
  • Care
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, BillTre and DennisN
fresh_42 said:
I saw a girl in Seattle who regularly feeds a flock of crows, and the crows bring her little gifts in return
I've heard about crows doing that. I remember a fun clip I've seen about birds coming with gifts, I'll see if I can find it, and if so post it here.
 
DennisN said:
I've heard about crows doing that. I remember a fun clip I've seen about birds coming with gifts, I'll see if I can find it, and if so post it here.
I have also seen a bird using bread for fishing in shallow water.

The story behind the gifts from the crows was that the girl collected over a hundred of them, which is really many, and that they changed their offerings from cute stones to things a little girl would probably like better.

The most astonishing thing I once saw myself was a cat crossing a four-lane road. It ran to the middle, stopped, and watched the traffic before she crossed the lanes for the other direction.

We shouldn't underestimate these guys!
 
Last edited:
fresh_42 said:
We shouldn't underestimate these guys!
I totally agree! :smile:
 
fresh_42 said:
And just today, I saw a girl in Seattle who regularly feeds a flock of crows, and the crows bring her little gifts in return.

DennisN said:
I've heard about crows doing that. I remember a fun clip I've seen about birds coming with gifts, I'll see if I can find it, and if so post it here.

I looked on youtube and I think it was this one I've seen:

Why crows are leaving gifts for a woman in San Francisco (ABC7)


Three more I've found: :smile:

Part 2: Magpie Surprises Me with a Twig Gift of Friendship!


Crows Leave a Gift for their Friend



Incredible Collection of Gifts from Crows | A Woman's Surprising Story!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rive, collinsmark, BillTre and 2 others
fresh_42 said:
There is a video of this that is run backwards (see below).
Then the coatis animals really look like little long necked dinosaurs (the tails are the long tall parts).

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, Borg and fresh_42
Sometimes even the king of beasts needs to chill.

1752379844382.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Agree
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Rive, fresh_42 and 4 others