• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Side lengths of inscribed triangle

LCKurtz
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I just got back from lunch and have a couple of comments.
@Maddie1609: Your answers are OK but I wouldn't but the value of ##a^2## equal to its square root on the same line.
@Noctisdark: In your post #2 you left out the sines, which is why I said it was wrong.
@SammyS:Yes, I don't consider it commonly known. In fact, I don't remember it even if it is true.

I just got back from lunch and have a couple of comments.
@Maddie1609: Your answers are OK but I wouldn't but the value of ##a^2## equal to its square root on the same line.
@Noctisdark: In your post #2 you left out the sines, which is why I said it was wrong.
@SammyS:Yes, I don't consider it commonly known. In fact, I don't remember it even if it is true.
My bad, ha ha, I was just writing it out swiftly :-) Thanks for your help!

You should know it or know how to demonstrate it, but maddie did you explain from where you got the 3, not for me but in the papercheet to give to the teacher, maths should be logic and precise, in fact using sine here is a stright direct application of it not turning around loop and using cos,

I was just looking at that haha, thanks. Like what? I got the same answer you did. Instead of just claiming it was wrong, you could say what exactly was wrong about it.
Your work was great but you didn't tell from where you got the 3 and i advice hundred time to consider the simplest and safest path, sorry for making it so loud, and for speaking too much,

You should know it or know how to demonstrate it, but maddie did you explain from where you got the 3, not for me but in the papercheet to give to the teacher, maths should be logic and precise, in fact using sine here is a stright direct application of it not turning around loop and using cos,
I couldn't possibly know something I hadn't previously heard of. The fact that the radius is 3 was given in the task. This isn't something I'm handing in, I'm preparing for an exam, so no one but myself sees it :-) That doesn't make it wrong though, haha.