[Signals & Systems] Alan V. Oppenheim Latest edition

In summary, The conversation is about the book "Signals and Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim and the different editions available on Amazon. The two options are the 2nd edition and the International 2nd edition, with the latter being cheaper. However, there is no difference in the material between the two editions. There is also a low priced edition from Pearson Education, but it is only available in Southeast Asia.
N468989
Hi all, i was looking for this book "Signals and Systems" Alan V. Oppenheim, i would like to now which is the lastest edition or the diference between them.

i have found this:

and this :

• http://www.amazon.com/dp/0136511759/?tag=pfamazon01-20

One of the them is 2nd edition and the other is International 2nd...

can anyone help me out with this?

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
There shouldn't be a difference in material. I would imagine the price be cheaper for the international edition though.

Yes, the international edition is cheaper. But there is no difference in the material, at least as far as I know. We used the second edition last semester. There's a low priced edition (LPE) from Pearson Education, but its for SE Asia I guess.

1. What is Signals & Systems?

Signals & Systems is a branch of engineering and applied mathematics that deals with the analysis and processing of signals, which are mathematical representations of physical quantities that carry information. It also involves the study of systems, which are mathematical models that describe the relationship between inputs and outputs of a physical system.

2. Who is Alan V. Oppenheim?

Alan V. Oppenheim is a professor of engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a pioneer in the field of Signals & Systems. He co-authored the textbook "Signals & Systems" with his colleague, Alan S. Willsky, which has become a widely used reference in the field.

3. What is the latest edition of "Signals & Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim?

The latest edition of "Signals & Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim is the 2nd edition, which was published in 1996. It is commonly referred to as the Oppenheim and Willsky textbook and is still widely used in undergraduate and graduate courses on Signals & Systems.

4. What are the key topics covered in "Signals & Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim?

The key topics covered in "Signals & Systems" include signal classification and properties, Fourier series and transforms, Laplace transforms, z-transforms, sampling and reconstruction of signals, and filter design. It also covers the analysis of continuous-time and discrete-time systems and the relationship between input and output signals.

5. How can "Signals & Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim be used in practical applications?

"Signals & Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim provides a strong foundation in the theory and principles of signal processing and system analysis, which are essential in many practical applications. This knowledge can be applied in fields such as telecommunications, digital signal processing, control systems, and biomedical engineering, among others.