1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Similarities and Differences between magnetic and electrostatic experiments!Need More

1. Jan 16, 2013 #1
    1. Similarities and differences between magnetic and electrostatic experiments can include:

2. What are there factors individually and then decifer

3. Similar- both have positive 'and/or' negative charges.
    Differences- electrostatic must involve an imbalance of positive or negative, magnetic can be either.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2013 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Re: Similarities and Differences between magnetic and electrostatic experiments!Need

Did you ever see a negative (or positive) magnetic charge? In particular, do you know any particle which has such a charge?
    That would be quite surprising...

4. Jan 16, 2013 #3
    Re: Similarities and Differences between magnetic and electrostatic experiments!Need

well no i have never seen one? i simply wrote what i found on both materials and was just wondering if anyone knew of any more similarities or differences? do you?

5. Jan 17, 2013 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Right. While some theories predict their existence, no magnetic monopoles (particles with magnetic charge) were found yet. This is the big difference between static magnetic and electric fields. With magnetic monopoles, both would be the same.

6. Jan 18, 2013 #5

thankyou

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook