1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe?

1. Jan 23, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I had posted another thread a week ago where I was given a function q(t) that t was defined in millisecond, and I had to evaluate q(t) at 0 and infinity then I had to do the same thing when I found the current I(t) in Coulombs/ms, Now i have do the same further more by finding P(t)..power...and W(t) watt-second/energy used, I believe

3. The attempt at a solution

By simply converting my equation I(t) to seconds I was able to find the amount of amperes a second, however, to find power there seems to be a missing "X" factor when will help me find the Power, I would need to know at least voltage or watts to figure either one out, Seems I have one unknown here voltage which I don't know where to derive from with just Amperes, not given any electrical resistance because this function is not modelling or was given said diagram
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2010 #2
    Jesus christ, BUMP
  4. Jan 24, 2010 #3
    I do believe there is a missing unknown, that is needed to solve for power in terms of watts? Can anyone confirm this?
  5. Jan 24, 2010 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The thread has had a lot of views. The reason no one has answered is because it it really hard to know what you are talking about just from this post.

I looked at the thread you referred back to (note: *I* had to search for it)...

...and basically you're going to have to be a lot clearer about what question you are asking here. What power are you referring to? If you want to compute the power delivered by a source that is driving this current I(t), you need to know the voltage of that source as a function of time.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook