Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple Fiber Optics Communications System

1. Apr 24, 2007 #1
    Hi, it would be great if someone could give me a conceptual explanation of how a simple circuit of fiber optics communication works, since this is where the world is, in a communications sense.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2007 #2

mezarashi

Homework Helper

This is where the wonderful "internet" comes to the rescue. It will be much more interactive there than it would being from a boring textful lecture ^^. If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/fiber-optic.htm

4. Apr 24, 2007 #3
    Ha, the funny thing: having read that article, and not more than one minute from finishing reading it, I show up here and see your link. I can see what you said being the truth, though. It is a good article.

5. Apr 24, 2007 #4
    Now that I read that article it would be great to get to know how to make it, but I would also like some explanation of the specific functions of the components of the circuit so that I know what is the purpose of each one in creating a simple communications system. Any link you could recommend would be appreciated, but keep in mind that my knowledge is basic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?