Simulation program and industries

In summary: The program can be used to create models of molecules and metabolic pathways.It might be easier for someone to work out the software first and then show you the results.
fredreload
I'd like an idea about simulation programs and how it can be applied to industries. Here is some of the simulation program ideas I happen to run across on Google. All the way from data calculations, 2D cell game to 3D crash proof simulations. I want to hear your thoughts and some of the most ridiculous programs that would earn you cash.

Computer science news on Phys.org
fredreload said:
I'd like an idea about simulation programs and how it can be applied to industries. Here is some of the simulation program ideas I happen to run across on Google. All the way from data calculations, 2D cell game to 3D crash proof simulations. I want to hear your thoughts and some of the most ridiculous programs that would earn you cash.
What do you mean by "ridiculous"? Are you looking for the simulation equivalent of the Pet Rock?

FactChecker said:
What do you mean by "ridiculous"? Are you looking for the simulation equivalent of the Pet Rock?
For instance, Agar.io. You'd be able to run it as a simulation and check for the average size of the cells. Or since I work for a shoe company as a software programmer. I'd do a simulation on the shoe retirement rate versus the general population to check how many shoes would get sold. I think simulation program deserves to have its own office inside a company, but I've never seen such a thing established.

There are companies with Operations Research and/or Industrial Engineering departments that do a lot of simulation, optimization, and analysis work. A lot of other Engineering groups in companies use simulation for their analysis. But I am still confused by the word "ridiculous".

Cool, ridiculous as of the most interesting simulation you've heard that actually earns money.

fredreload said:
Cool, ridiculous as of the most interesting simulation you've heard that actually earns money.
Oh! A lot of airframe manufacturers have flight simulators. They are specialized for the avionics and handling qualities of their particular product. That may interest you.

Hmm, something like this. Shape changes with genetic algorithm.

P.S. Now if you can apply this to the flight simulator it would be cool lol

Last edited:
This looks interesting. But we need some type of control variable that would be our goal, let it be environment setup or molecular structure hmm

fredreload said:
I think simulation program deserves to have its own office inside a company, but I've never seen such a thing established.
I work in a chemical company and even there that is a problem. Main reason: almost everyone does it, so the need for genuine expertise isn't considered seriously. In the mean time millions worth of process knowledge is buried unrecognizably and non-transferable in convoluted spreadsheet monsters.
I always call simulation and modelling "a horizontal column" -- a base for all other organizational columns, but in reality treated as part of a ruin.
IT has gone the same route somewhat.

BvU said:
I work in a chemical company and even there that is a problem. Main reason: almost everyone does it, so the need for genuine expertise isn't considered seriously. In the mean time millions worth of process knowledge is buried unrecognizably and non-transferable in convoluted spreadsheet monsters.
I always call simulation and modelling "a horizontal column" -- a base for all other organizational columns, but in reality treated as part of a ruin.
IT has gone the same route somewhat.
I'm not really good with Chemistry myself. I'd say you can probably analyze the formula with the http://image.slidesharecdn.com/bioknotes2-140817015317-phpapp02/95/bioknowledgy-21-molecules-to-metabolism-11-638.jpg?cb=1410336771, then test if the combination with a variable compound can be constructed(based on atomic number and type of bonds). I'm not sure if the 3D diagram angle would be a factor. You can probably create your own molecular design as well using a simulation. It might be easier for someone to work out the software first

1. What is a simulation program?

A simulation program is a computer software or tool that imitates a real-world system or process by creating a virtual environment. It allows users to observe the behavior of the system under different conditions without having to physically test it.

2. What industries use simulation programs?

Simulation programs are widely used in industries such as manufacturing, aerospace, defense, healthcare, transportation, and finance. They are also used in research and development to model and test new products or processes.

3. How do simulation programs work?

Simulation programs use mathematical and statistical models to simulate the behavior of a system. These models are based on real-world data and assumptions to create a virtual environment that closely resembles the actual system. Users can manipulate variables and parameters to observe the effects on the system's behavior.

4. What are the benefits of using simulation programs?

Simulation programs offer a cost-effective and safe way to test and optimize systems before they are implemented in the real world. They also allow for the analysis of complex systems and the exploration of various scenarios without the need for physical prototypes. This can lead to increased efficiency, reduced costs, and improved decision-making.

5. What skills are required to use simulation programs?

Proficiency in computer programming, mathematics, and data analysis are essential skills for using simulation programs. Knowledge of the specific system or process being simulated is also beneficial. Additionally, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are necessary to interpret and analyze simulation results.