Sketch the curve with the given polar equation. θ = −pi/6?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter carl123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Curve Polar Sketch
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
carl123
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Sketch the curve with the given polar equation. θ = −pi/6?

I know for certain that its a straight line that passes through the origin but what I'm not sure is if its like this \ or like this /
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This curve consists of all points $(r, \theta )$ such that the polar angle $\theta$ is $-\frac{\pi}{6}$.
It is the straight line that passes through the origin $O$ and makes an angle of $-\frac{\pi}{6}$ with the polar axis.
 
mathmari said:
It is the straight line that passes through the origin $O$ and makes an angle of $-\frac{\pi}{6}$ with the polar axis.

Thanks for your reply, by what you said, I'm assuming the line should be like this \ then