Sliding doors operated by a remote control device

In summary, the video at autoslide shows a DIY project that uses a water bottle, wire and pulley to make an automatic door closer for sliding screen doors.
akerkarprashant
TL;DR Summary
Sliding doors operated by a remote control device.
Attached are some Sliding doors images.

Can they be operated with a remote control device?
The remote control device will have buttons for opening & closing the left and right door.

What will be the design & construction changes in the sliding doors so that they can be operated using a remote control device?

We have to convert the Sliding doors fixing with electric motors?

If yes, where could be the positions of the electrical motors one each for left and right sliding door?

Can this be achieved?

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 77
  • download (3).jpeg
    download (3).jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 83
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 75
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sure it can be achieved. You should see a local contractor for implementation details and cost.

Likes akerkarprashant
Likes akerkarprashant
One thing to look for -- if it will be able to auto-close, it should have an "electric eye" photocell setup just off the ground to detect if there are any things/pets/people in the doorway (kind of like how a garage door opener/closer has the photocell system).

Likes akerkarprashant
Thanks.

Smartphone app/s can be designed and developed for controlling the Sliding Doors using WIFI?

akerkarprashant said:
Thanks.

Smartphone app/s can be designed and developed for controlling the Sliding Doors using WIFI?
Yes, I'm confident that that can be done, assuming that the installation has provision for a remote wifi signal controller, not just a manual button near the door.

Likes akerkarprashant
akerkarprashant said:
Even better, you could make your smart speaker (Alexa, Google Echo, Apple Siri) do it by voice command.

Or you could make the door open automatically when a person approaches it. (Convenient, but security problems.)

Running a smartphone app to open the door sounds too slow and annoying.

Likes akerkarprashant
I had a great inspiration for a selective pet door that would only open for your pet using RFID (originally I thought mayde you could use the injected ID chip...probably not enough S/N). Of course it has already been marketed

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NH6NR0/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I guess the S/N of the implanted chip isenough

• Love
Likes akerkarprashant and anorlunda
Thanks.

As the Sliding doors design varies with number of doors (2,3,4 ... n) there would be customisation required for every Sliding Doors product in terms of fixing motors, Smartphone app customisation, remote control functions?

Great arduino project.

And for a safety function, in addition to the photo eye, you can monitor the drive motor current, and sense if the door has struck something - this of course needs a good smooth door function.

• Informative
Likes berkeman
How about a linear actuator? Would a simple and inexpensive actuator controlled by Arduino be adequate for this purpose?

I use a water bottle, wire and pulley to make a DIY automatic door closer for my sliding screen doors. (the picture is not mine).

1640808547259.png

1. How do sliding doors operated by a remote control device work?

Sliding doors operated by a remote control device work by using a motorized mechanism that moves the door along a track. The remote control sends a signal to the motor, which then activates and moves the door open or closed.

2. What are the benefits of using sliding doors operated by a remote control device?

The main benefit of using sliding doors operated by a remote control device is convenience. Instead of manually opening and closing the door, you can do it with the click of a button. This is especially useful for individuals with mobility issues or for high-traffic areas.

3. Can sliding doors operated by a remote control device be installed in any type of door?

Yes, sliding doors operated by a remote control device can be installed in most types of doors, including glass, wood, and metal doors. However, it is important to consult with a professional to ensure that the door is compatible with the remote control mechanism.

4. Are sliding doors operated by a remote control device safe?

Yes, sliding doors operated by a remote control device are safe to use. They are equipped with safety features, such as sensors that detect obstructions and automatically stop the door from closing. It is important to regularly maintain and test these safety features to ensure they are functioning properly.

5. Can I control multiple sliding doors with one remote control device?

Yes, most remote control devices for sliding doors are designed to control multiple doors at once. This is especially useful for businesses or large properties with multiple entrances. However, it is important to check the specifications of the remote control device to ensure it is compatible with the number of doors you want to control.