Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solve a limit with the form (x^n)(e^ax) when x approaches to infinity?

1. Oct 28, 2012 #1
    solve a limit with the form (x^n)(e^ax) when x approaches to infinity???

Well, my question is how to solve a limit with the form (x^n)(e^ax) when x approaches to infinity using L´Hopital rule??
    I made a try, transforming the limit to (x^n)/(e^-ax), and using L´Hopital repeatedly, gives me something like this:
    (nx^n-1/(-ae^ax), (n(n-1)x^n-2/(a^2e^-ax)....
    So, the question, if this is correct (although i don't think so), is how i can simplify this??
    If i´m wrong (which is more probably), please don't be so hard with me, hehe :)
    Thanks for the answers!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2012 #2

lurflurf

Homework Helper

Re: solve a limit with the form (x^n)(e^ax) when x approaches to infinity???

You do not need L´Hopital rule. Show (x^n)(e^ax) and (e^ax) have the same limit.

4. Oct 28, 2012 #3

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Is it known that n and a are > 0?

5. Oct 28, 2012 #4

Yes!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook