Solve Fourier Sine Series - Get Help Here!

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with finding the final solution from a calculated coefficient. The person in the conversation is having trouble understanding how to simplify ##b_n## if ##n## is odd and is seeking help. They also thank someone for their help on another question.
AerospaceEng
Everything is in the picture I've attached. I believe my work is right because it's not that difficult of a problem but what I'm having a hard time seeing is how i go from the coefficient bn that I've calculated to the final solution. Maybe I did screw up or maybe there's an identity I'm not seeing.

Anyways if anyone is able to help that would be greatly appreciated thanks! :D

Problem.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
What does ##b_n## simplify to if ##n## is odd?

Hey Jbuns Thanks so much I see how odd n's simplify to 0 and how the the terms simplify when n is even. Also thank you for your post on my other question. If you ever need anything! hit me up lol :D

Related to Solve Fourier Sine Series - Get Help Here!

What is a Fourier Sine Series?

A Fourier Sine Series is a mathematical tool used to represent a periodic function as an infinite sum of sine functions with different frequencies and amplitudes. It is often used in physics and engineering to model and analyze periodic phenomena.

How is a Fourier Sine Series different from a Fourier Series?

A Fourier Series includes both sine and cosine functions, while a Fourier Sine Series only includes sine functions. This means that a Fourier Sine Series is only applicable to odd functions, while a Fourier Series can represent both even and odd functions.

How do I solve a Fourier Sine Series?

To solve a Fourier Sine Series, you first need to determine the period and the function's behavior over one period. Then, you can use the Fourier Sine Series formula to calculate the coefficients for each sine function. Finally, you can combine these coefficients to write the function as an infinite sum of sine functions.

What is the importance of the Fourier Sine Series?

The Fourier Sine Series is important because it allows us to represent complex periodic functions as simpler sums of sine functions. This makes it easier to analyze and understand these functions, and it also allows us to use mathematical techniques to solve problems that would otherwise be difficult or impossible.

How can I get help with solving a Fourier Sine Series?

If you need help with solving a Fourier Sine Series, you can consult with a math tutor or reach out to online resources, such as forums or tutorial websites. Additionally, many math software programs have built-in tools for solving Fourier Sine Series, which can be helpful for checking your work or understanding the process.