Solving Del Cross Question: Why is del x dB/dt = mu dJ/dt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter miew
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cross Del
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
miew
Messages
24
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have to do an E&M problem, I think I got it, but I made a few steps that I don't really understand. The first one is:

If delxB= muJ
Does
del x dB/dt = mu dJ/dt ??
If so, why ?

I tried using latex, but it didn't work...sorry :(


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
hi miew! :smile:

(have a del: ∇ and a curly d: ∂ and a mu: µ :wink:)

yes, because derivatives wrt independent variables always commute (ie you can always change the order) …

∂2/∂x∂t = ∂2/∂t∂x :wink: