Solving Quadratic Equation: Find x for k=3000, m=5, g=9.81, d=1.3

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
mattmannmf
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Using the quadratic formula, solve the distance:

x= distance needed to solve (also our y value in the formula)

A= .5*k

B= -m*g*sin(30)

C= -m* g* d*sin(30)

Where:
k= 3000
m= 5
g=9.81
d=1.3

I get 48.13, but it says that I am wrong. what does everyone else get?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't see that what you've posted makes any sense. The distance from what to what? How are A, B, and C related to x? What is y in your formula? What formula?

Please post the exact problem description.
 
You title this "quadratic formula" and say "Using the quadratic formula" but there is NO quadratic formula in your post.

You say "x= distance needed to solve (also our y value in the formula)" and then give a list of formulas and values, none of which mention "x" or "y"!

WHAT is the question, really?