Express ∫₀^(2π) x²sin(x)dx as a limit of Riemann sums

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 6K views
undrcvrbro
Messages
133
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Express the integral as a limit of Riemann sums. Do not evaluate the limit.

Homework Equations



[tex]\int_0^{2\pi} x^{2}sin(x)\,dx[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution



I really don't know where to start...any help getting me started would be highly appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
haha i saw that coming before I clicked the url.
 
but seriously just expressing any integral is probably much simpler than you are thinking, all you have to do is basically write down the definition of a Riemann sum here is a better link:

(first equation on page, just substitute your function in)
http://math.fullerton.edu/mathews/n2003/RiemannSumMod.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
alright, seems like I was just over thinking. Thats what I figured. Thanks.