1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some Explanation with Rigid Rotator

1. Nov 21, 2009 #1
    Can anybody explain me .About Rigid Rotator.Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would be
    highly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2009 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I doubt that I can be of any help to you, but I have a request for clarification. Are you referring to a helicopter rotor set, or something else?

4. Nov 22, 2009 #3

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi firoz.raj! Welcome to PF! :smile:

Yes, you really do need to be more specific.

What do you mean by "Rigid Rotator"? :confused:

5. Nov 22, 2009 #4
    Re: Welcome to PF!

i need to Understood the following Expression.Kindly let me know step by step.

Attached Files:

6. Nov 22, 2009 #5

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

ok, I understand now. :smile:

"rigid rotor" simply means that r is constant, and only θ and φ vary.

So when we transform from Cartesian to polar coordinates, ∂/∂r = zero, and every ∂/∂r can be omitted, leaving only ∂/∂θ and ∂/∂φ, as shown in your picture.

7. Nov 22, 2009 #6
    rigid rotor" simply means that r is constant, and only θ and φ vary.

Sir,
    i need to Give BS(Physics) Final Year examination.i think this is not a Appropriate Explanation
    in My Case.Simple r is Const.and only θ And φ will be vary.i need Good Explanation.Sorry this
    is really small question but i will ask.Additional if possible kindly tell me any example also for
    Rigid Rotator.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook