1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some Study method enquiry? physics

1. Oct 27, 2006 #1
    Well its like this,what is physics reallyi about? i am getting ready for exams a-levels, i`m done reading all the notes but some how i cant really remember the terms such as Magnetic Flux density: force acting per unit current in a wire of per unit length perpendicular to the magnetic field. In physics we have so many terms, and examiners are strict missing 1 "per" already loss that 1 mark based on the marking scheme. So usually, how do you memorize your term? i Understand that understanding is important but its hard 2 memorize those terms when u have so many again? Any ideas guys and gals?:uhh:
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2006 #2
    you read the text..you understand how to derive the formula(somethimes you cant always do this )
    and most importantly you learn for to use the formulas in different qustions and different types of questions.
    using the formula , the flux one lets say about 20 times ( a very small amount sholud get you used to it) you might forget it in 3 months or so , but a flash glance and it might all come back ,

so basic idea ....u shouldnt be sitting there trying to memorize it(of course ur probably not doing that ) but u should be doing lots of questions , and in doing so the formulas will stick in your head.

tell me if u find this advice usefull or not..
  4. Nov 1, 2006 #3
    ya i think so i should follow the idea of doing more exercises, thx for the advise appreciate it :D
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?