Some Study method enquiry? physics

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in memorizing physics terms for exams and suggests focusing on understanding and practicing with formulas instead of solely relying on memorization. The idea of doing more exercises is also mentioned as a helpful technique.
sl3py87
Well its like this,what is physics reallyi about? i am getting ready for exams a-levels, i`m done reading all the notes but some how i can't really remember the terms such as Magnetic Flux density: force acting per unit current in a wire of per unit length perpendicular to the magnetic field. In physics we have so many terms, and examiners are strict missing 1 "per" already loss that 1 mark based on the marking scheme. So usually, how do you memorize your term? i Understand that understanding is important but its hard 2 memorize those terms when u have so many again? Any ideas guys and gals?:uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
you read the text..you understand how to derive the formula(somethimes you can't always do this )
and most importantly you learn for to use the formulas in different qustions and different types of questions.
using the formula , the flux one let's say about 20 times ( a very small amount sholud get you used to it) you might forget it in 3 months or so , but a flash glance and it might all come back ,

so basic idea ...u shouldn't be sitting there trying to memorize it(of course ur probably not doing that ) but u should be doing lots of questions , and in doing so the formulas will stick in your head.

tell me if u find this advice usefull or not..

ya i think so i should follow the idea of doing more exercises, thanks for the advise appreciate it :D

1. What is the scientific method?

The scientific method is a systematic approach to conducting scientific research. It involves making observations, formulating a hypothesis, testing the hypothesis through experiments, analyzing the data, and drawing conclusions. It is a way to ensure that scientific studies are conducted in a rigorous and reliable manner.

2. What is the role of physics in the scientific method?

Physics plays a crucial role in the scientific method as it provides the fundamental principles and laws that govern the natural world. It provides a framework for formulating hypotheses, designing experiments, and analyzing data. Without physics, the scientific method would not be possible.

3. How is the scientific method used in physics research?

In physics research, the scientific method is used to understand and explain natural phenomena. Scientists use it to make predictions about the behavior of physical systems and to test those predictions through experiments. The scientific method allows physicists to gather evidence and draw conclusions based on objective data.

4. Can the scientific method be applied to other fields besides physics?

Yes, the scientific method can be applied to any field of study that involves making observations, testing hypotheses, and analyzing data. It is commonly used in fields such as biology, chemistry, and psychology. However, the specific steps and techniques may vary depending on the nature of the research being conducted.

5. What are some potential limitations of the scientific method?

One limitation of the scientific method is that it relies on empirical evidence, which may not always be available or reliable. Additionally, the scientific method can be influenced by personal biases or external factors, which can lead to flawed conclusions. It is also important to note that the scientific method is an ongoing process, and new evidence may challenge or change previous conclusions.