Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Someone created hover board , true or false?

1. Jun 21, 2014 #1
    HUVR tech

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2014 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Realize that their hover board video was a hoax. :smile:

4. Jun 21, 2014 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'm interested in selling to you. Interested?

5. Jun 21, 2014 #4

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

6. Jun 21, 2014 #5
    You should be able to tell something like that is fake just by looking at the way people on it are moving. It's really hard to get the physics exact, so it ends up looking somewhat funky. Even if such a thing doesn't really exist, you should have some idea of how the motion would look if someone were on a floating skateboard.
    But I'm always surprised at how fake something will look, and there will still be people who believe it. Apparently it's all in the set up. It doesn't matter how fake something looks, if the delivery of it is realistic, there will be people who believe it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  7. Jun 21, 2014 #6
    Worth mentioning:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  8. Jun 21, 2014 #7

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

@delete: You can embed those youtube links directly into your posts. Click on the TV icon (this: https://www.physicsforums.com/Nexus/editor/television.png [Broken]) to create a [ YOUTUBE ][ /YOUTUBE] pair of tags (or just type that manually, but without the spaces). Then type or paste the youtube ID between the close square bracket and open square bracket.

The video to which you linked has an ID of gMaDhkNJA2g.

I edited your post to have that youtube link embedded.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  9. Jun 22, 2014 #8
    For the record, I have no idea why my post has the same video posted twice.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook