Raspberry Pi board projects and advice?

1. I am looking to work with a raspberry pi board to do some basic and eventually more complex things, what are the best types of things to attempt / what type of raspberry pi board is the best to purchase for a starter? As for the boards themselves I am aware that are quite powerful and I have seen all types of robot cars and computers. Would it be possible to string a few of them together to create a large enough computer to host multiple minecraft servers on? I want to see what I can do with this once I go into college.
  2. jcsd
  3. Borek

Staff: Mentor

As long as you have no idea what you are going to use it for, start with B - A can be enough for some applications, but because of a single USB port and lack of net interface it will be PITA. $10 is not worth the hassle.
  4. If you are worried about your online activities being monitored (as I am!) you can make a Personal Virtual Private Network (VPN) with a Raspberry Pi!

A VPN encrypts communication between your computer and the VPN. You can connect to it from anywhere on the internet. This allows you to have completely secure communication - even on unprotected public WiFi! I'm running one of these to secure communications via my Android phone. It works like a charm.

This is an easy project to do, and rewards you with greater security online.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted