Sound hyphosis. The engeneering part of it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cavemen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Engeneering Sound
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
cavemen
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
(third guy using cavemen username)
Well. I know it aint physics. I am looking at the physics part of it.
I heared something about modulating words into background noises or ultrasound in such manner that the subconscience hears them but conscience doesn't interpret them into words.
Claimed to be used for hypnosis.

Mythbusters tried it. :)

At this point I have my hands on a lot of recording software, microphones and stuff like that at work.

DID YOU HEAR anything about such devices?
Do you know a method that is proven to work to some degree?

I am thinking of what to modulate sound into.
Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Try Googling 'subliminal messages'. Here's a start...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_message"
By the way, such messages were outlawed for use in advertisements.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
aint doing this in advertisement
thanks for giving me a keyword to look for
 
Found no scientific descriptions of how those systems actually work.
 
I'm not too convinced by the traditional view of 'subliminal messages'.

It is true that you can work suggestions and manipulate surroundings to have a limited control over poeple.

For example, When other people listen to the radio and a song is on, I won't be listening to it and wouldn't be able to tell you what was playing if you asked me, but minutes to hours later that day I will start humming the song without realising it. I won't even realize why I have the song in my head.

It's that sort of thing that works with people, this backwards speech or ultra sound I am not convinced works.