Special Ink invisible to the eye

In summary, the individual is seeking a type of paint that is invisible to the naked eye but appears black when sprayed onto surfaces. They are familiar with reflective paint that appears white/silver under light, but are looking for a black option. They mention the possibility of painting a black base layer and adding the clear reflective paint on top.
Mastico
Greetings all,
I am quite new to this forum so please forgive me if this is on the wrong thread. I recently purchased some reflective paint which sprays on clear and appears white/silver once light hits it at night. However I am looking for a type of paint that is invisible to the naked eye that can be sprayed onto surfaces but appears black. Is there anything you guys are familiar with that would help me achieve this?

Thanks for your help

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Mastico said:
a type of paint that is invisible to the naked eye that can be sprayed onto surfaces but appears black
If it appears black, how is it invisible?

I know reflective paint contains glass beads inside that makes the reflection white but i didn't know if there was something on the market that makes it black. Never hurts to ask

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Can't you paint a base layer in black and then add a coat of the clear reflective paint?

1. How does special ink invisible to the eye work?

Special ink invisible to the eye works by containing particles or pigments that are invisible under normal light, but become visible under certain conditions, such as using a specific type of light or chemical reaction.

2. Is special ink invisible to the eye safe to use?

Yes, special ink invisible to the eye is safe to use as it is made with non-toxic materials and is subject to rigorous safety testing before being sold.

3. Can special ink invisible to the eye be used in any type of pen or marker?

No, special ink invisible to the eye is specifically designed to be used with certain types of pens or markers that are compatible with the ink's properties. Using it with other types of pens or markers may not produce the desired results.

4. How long does special ink invisible to the eye last?

The longevity of special ink invisible to the eye depends on various factors, such as the quality of the ink, storage conditions, and how often it is exposed to light or other elements. In general, it can last for several months to a few years.

5. Can special ink invisible to the eye be removed?

Yes, special ink invisible to the eye can be removed using specific methods, such as using certain chemicals or applying heat. However, the effectiveness of these methods may vary depending on the type of ink and the surface it is applied on.