Specific Absorption Rate(SAR) - caused from radio frequency from mobile phones

In summary: I don't get it. The link seems to show general specs, not a specific SAR number?SAR, what is that?SAR, what is that?
Aeronautic Freek
Why SAR value at body is allways higher than at head?

Engineering news on Phys.org
SAR, what is that?

anorlunda said:
SAR, what is that?
Specific Absorption Rate

Aeronautic Freek said:
The poor impedance match due to the layer of skull bone reflects more energy than the soft tissues on other parts of the body that have only internal bones.

Likes Aeronautic Freek and sophiecentaur
Aeronautic Freek said:
Link to a reference please...

Aeronautic Freek said:
I don't get it. The link seems to show general specs, not a specific SAR number?

1592606259018.png

Tom.G said:
@berkeman
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model-sar/5b6252a4
You may have to click on the SAR tab, then scroll down.
(at least it works here)
Thanks. I missed the SAR tab (duh), but clicking on it does not take me away from the general specs tab. Firefox on Win10 here.

Can you post a screenshot of the SAR tab? Thanks.

The SAR tab has 8 tables/graphs, if you haven't tried scrolling down after hitting the SAR tab, please try it. The spec. page stays there but the other tabs append to the that same spec. page. (That page acts like a cover letter.)

PF ignores my attempts to paste an image. I have to screen-grab, paste into a graphics pgm., save as a file, upload file; rather tedious. I'm willing if needed, but hoping you can get/retrieve it. Let me know.
(Firefox 43 on Win XP)

Cheers,
Tom

Likes davenn
Tom.G said:
The SAR tab has 8 tables/graphs, if you haven't tried scrolling down after hitting the SAR tab, please try it.
Got it now, thanks!
Tom.G said:
on Win XP
That's likely the issue. You'd need a more modern OS to get the simpler paste feature, probably.

Likes Tom.G

What is Specific Absorption Rate (SAR)?

Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) is a measure of the rate at which radio frequency (RF) energy is absorbed by the human body when exposed to a mobile phone or other wireless device. It is measured in watts per kilogram (W/kg) and is used to determine the potential health effects of RF exposure.

What is the acceptable SAR level for mobile phones?

The acceptable SAR level for mobile phones varies by country. In the United States, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has set a maximum SAR level of 1.6 W/kg for most mobile phones. In Europe, the limit is 2 W/kg. It is important to note that these limits are based on the SAR level at the device's highest power level, but most phones operate at a lower power level during normal use.

What factors can affect the SAR level of a mobile phone?

The SAR level of a mobile phone can be affected by a number of factors, including the distance between the phone and the user, the type of antenna used, and the phone's power output. The SAR level is typically higher when the phone is held close to the body, such as when making a call, compared to using it with a hands-free device.

Is there a link between SAR and health risks?

There is currently no conclusive scientific evidence that exposure to RF radiation from mobile phones causes negative health effects. However, some studies have suggested a potential link between long-term exposure to high levels of RF radiation and certain health issues, such as brain tumors. More research is needed to fully understand the potential risks.

How can I reduce my exposure to RF radiation from mobile phones?

To reduce your exposure to RF radiation from mobile phones, you can use a hands-free device or speakerphone when making calls, as this keeps the phone away from your body. You can also limit your phone use, especially in areas with poor reception, as the phone may increase its power output to maintain a connection. Additionally, you can choose a phone with a lower SAR level and avoid carrying your phone close to your body when it is turned on.