Specific heat of different materials

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
plucker_08
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
if I have 3 materials and mixed it, can I compute for the specific heat of the "mixed" material?

i have the data of the specific heat of each of the material and the precentage by weight.

example: material 1 is 46% of the total weight, material 2 is 52% and material 3 is 2%

cd = 0.46(4.186 ) + 0.52(3.4 ) + 0.02(4.3 ) = _____

thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Will the materials form compounds? If not, your approach should work fine.
 
Ah. Well, the components are going to react, yes? So presumably the weighted method won't work for more than a few minutes/hours. After that, you'd need to use the specific heat of the new materials.
 
can you estimate the specific of a material having these properties?

specific gravity 1.09

PH 4.2

Viscosity 1,000 cP
 
plucker_08 said:
they will form a dough

That's funny. I don't know why, but it just is. Probably because it's so unusual: LOL.