Speed of Block 3.5s After Start Moving | Conical Pendulum

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
chaotixmonjuish
Messages
284
Reaction score
0
A 3.46 kg block located on a horizontal floor is pulled by a cord that exerts a force F = 13.9 N at an angle theta = 26.0° above the horizontal, as shown in the Figure. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and the floor is 0.09. What is the speed of the block 3.5 s after it starts moving?

I'm having a bit of a problem with this. Mainly because I'm not sure how to answer the question. I got a decimal number less than 1 for the acceleration. Here are my two equations:

Y: T*sin(theta)-mg=0
X: F+T*cos(theta)=ma

a=.8790
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's not centripetal motion, but I'm still having problems.