1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Standard Additions plotting in excel

1. Mar 8, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I have a set of values from a laboratory work (standard Additions practical), which I am required to plot. I am finding difficulties in plotting the values in excel because the horizontal axis must have some negative integers.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2014 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

No idea what your problem is, last time I used it, Excel supported negative numbers.

4. Mar 8, 2014 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Have to agree w/ Borek. Can't see what your problem is

attachment.php?attachmentid=67427&stc=1&d=1394317262.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Mar 9, 2014 #4
    Standard Additions

Hello Borek,
    My problem is that I don't know how to make such plots in excel. As you might be aware, there is the need to extrapolate the calibration line backwards so as to obtain a negative value on the X-axis. This is what I cannot do and will appreciate it if someone could help me.
    The example given below is of no help as it looks nothing like a standard additions plot.

Thanks.

6. Mar 9, 2014 #5
    Have you plotted your data and fit a line already and don't know how to extrapolate or do you not know how to plot and fit data?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted