Steady state heat conduction problem

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving 2D steady state heat conduction with an internal heat generation source. Dirichlet and Neumann boundary conditions are applied, and the individual has asked for suggestions on how to solve the problem. They later mention finding a solution in a book and inquire about using MATLAB for nonhomogeneous partial equations.
udvat
I have to solve a problem regarding "2D steady state heat conduction problem with an internal heat generation source". For boundary value, dirichlet is applied at 3 sides and neumann is at one side.

I can solve this problem when no internal heat source exists and only dirichlet is applied.
Would anyone please suggest me how can I solve the problem?

Physics news on Phys.org

I solved the problem my self. I would recommend the book "Heat Conduction" by Ozesik for
solving this type of problem. Its the best.

I have one queation, is it possible to get the exact solution of nonhomogeneous partial equation using matlab?

if we have 2D heat equation
Ut=Uxx+Uyy+g(x,y)
and we have unit squre domain
where g is source term
and
initial and boundary conditions are
U(x,y,0)=0
and U(x,y,t)=0 for all t at boundary
can you tell me how we write in MATLAB code

1. What is steady state heat conduction?

Steady state heat conduction refers to the transfer of heat through a stationary material or object. In this type of problem, the temperature remains constant over time, meaning that there is no change in the amount of heat being transferred.

2. What factors affect steady state heat conduction?

The rate of heat conduction is affected by several factors, including the thermal conductivity of the material, the temperature difference between the two ends of the object, the cross-sectional area of the object, and the distance over which heat is transferred.

3. How is steady state heat conduction calculated?

The steady state heat conduction equation is Q = kA∆T / L, where Q is the rate of heat transfer, k is the thermal conductivity, A is the cross-sectional area, ∆T is the temperature difference, and L is the distance over which heat is transferred. This equation can be used to calculate the rate of heat transfer for a given material and temperature difference.

4. What are the applications of steady state heat conduction?

Steady state heat conduction is used in many practical applications, including building insulation, cooking, refrigeration, and electronic cooling. It is also important in materials science and engineering for understanding the thermal behavior of different materials.

5. What is the difference between steady state and transient heat conduction?

In steady state heat conduction, the temperature remains constant over time, while in transient heat conduction, the temperature changes over time. Transient heat conduction is typically used to model situations where there is a change in temperature or heat transfer rate, such as heating or cooling processes.