Converting m³/hr to kg/hr for steam at 14.5 bar and 1150°C

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter clobag89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Issues Steam Table
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 8K views
clobag89
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi
I'm trying to convert m3/hr to kg/hr for a steam system operating at 14.5 barg and 1150 deg C. I was planning on using steam tables to get the specific volume but anywhere i look the temperature seems too high to have any values.
Any suggestions of places that do have the values I'm looking for? Or do ye think the temperature meter is just wrong..

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Would the table here help. I know nothing about engineering with steam but the info you need could be in here.
(Or is the problem that this sort of table doesn't tell you what you want?)
 
Last edited:
That seems a terribly high temperature for that pressure.
 
Jobrag said:
That seems a terribly high temperature for that pressure.

I have no experience of this but what might be more typical?
 
clobag89 said:
Hi
I'm trying to convert m3/hr to kg/hr for a steam system operating at 14.5 barg and 1150 deg C. I was planning on using steam tables to get the specific volume but anywhere i look the temperature seems too high to have any values.
Any suggestions of places that do have the values I'm looking for? Or do ye think the temperature meter is just wrong..

Thanks
Is one sure of the pressure? Otherwise, one has extreme superheat, so one would have to use superheat tables rather than saturated steam tables.

Here is a table from NIST that gives steam properties over the temperature range 0-2000°C and pressures including 1.4 and 1.5 MPa.
http://www.nist.gov/srd/upload/NISTIR5078-Tab3.pdf

It would make more sense if the pressure was 145 bar, and even then 1150°C is questionable, although gas turbines have inlet temperatures approaching ~1500°C.

In water, the critical point occurs at around 647 K (374 °C; 705 °F) and 22.064 MPa (3200 psia, 218 atm or 220.9 bar), so it may not be practical to have such a high steam temperature.