Stress Strain Curve: Converting Psi and In/In to MPa and mm/mm

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 8K views
shinoy
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

I have a stress strain curve, which have strain(in/in) on x-axis and stress in Y axis(Psi).
Here I want to conver the curve to stress(MPa) and strain (mm/mm). I know that Psi can be converted by multiplying the digit by 0.00689475729. But in this case I need to change the strain value? As strain is a unitless quantiy I can use as it is?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi shinoy, welcome to PF.

You are correct; strain has no units, so it doesn't need to be converted (equivalently, it can be labeled mm/mm, yard/yard, or anything you like).
 
Mapes said:
Hi shinoy, welcome to PF.

You are correct; strain has no units, so it doesn't need to be converted (equivalently, it can be labeled mm/mm, yard/yard, or anything you like).

Hi Mapes,

Thank your swift reply.