Studying to become an Electrical Enginee

I am excited to learn and contribute in this community.In summary, Luke is a student studying to become an Electrical Engineer from BC, Canada. He has completed 2nd year of his 4-year degree and is currently doing co-op work experience. He is new to the forum and is looking forward to learning and contributing.
lukas86
Thought I'd first start with introducing myself.

My name is Luke, I live in BC, Canada. Currently studying to become an Electrical Engineer. I have recently finished 2nd year of 4 acedemic years and I am doing co-op work experience so that adds on another year until I finish my degree.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, lukas. It's a great place for learning and asking questions. There are separate sub-forums for Homework Help (for homework and coursework, as explained in the PR Rules link at the top of the page), and general technical questions or upper-division project questions are posted in the general technical forums like here in the EE forum.

Now I'll go over and see if I have anything useful to say about your sawmill question -- I don't work much with 3-phase power systems though. Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome

1. What is the job outlook for electrical engineers?

The job outlook for electrical engineers is positive, with a projected growth of 5% from 2019-2029 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is due to the increasing demand for new technology, renewable energy sources, and advancements in electronic devices.

2. What skills are needed to become an electrical engineer?

Some essential skills for electrical engineers include strong mathematical and analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and a thorough understanding of electrical and electronics principles. Additionally, good communication and teamwork skills are important as most projects require collaboration with other engineers and professionals.

3. What education is required to become an electrical engineer?

To become an electrical engineer, you typically need a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field such as electronics engineering or computer engineering. Some positions may also require a master's degree, especially for more specialized roles or research positions.

4. What types of industries do electrical engineers work in?

Electrical engineers can work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, transportation, and aerospace. They may also work in research and development labs, consulting firms, or government agencies.

5. What are some common job duties for electrical engineers?

Common job duties for electrical engineers may include designing, developing, and testing electrical systems and components, analyzing data and creating reports, collaborating with other engineers and professionals, and ensuring compliance with safety regulations. They may also be responsible for troubleshooting and solving technical problems and overseeing the installation and maintenance of electrical systems.