I need to interview an electrical engineer (School related)

In summary, Ricky is a first-year electrical engineering student at Olympic College in WA. As part of his technical communications class, he needs to write a discourse community analysis paper and is looking to interview someone with a BS in electrical engineering who currently works in the field. The interview will cover topics such as EE reports, skills, and expectations. Ricky is open to conducting the interview through email, phone, Skype, or in person if the interviewee is located in the Seattle area. However, interview threads are not allowed on the PF for privacy and anti-phishing reasons.
Ricky Aguilar
Good evening everyone,

My name is Ricky and am in my first year in becoming an electrical engineer at Olympic College in WA. I am in a technical communications and need to write a discourse community analysis paper. Part this paper is interviewing someone with at least a BS in electrical engineering and works currently as an electrical engineer. My interview will be about EE reports, skills, the profession and expectations as an EE. If anyone would be so kind to let me interview them it would be greatly appreciated. This interview could be through email, phone, Skype or if you live in the Seattle area in person.

Thank you

Respectfully

Ricky

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Ricky. :smile:

For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, interview threads are not allowed at the PF. Best of luck in your studies.

1. What are the typical job responsibilities of an electrical engineer?

An electrical engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and overseeing the production of electrical equipment, systems, and components. They may also be involved in research and development, project management, and troubleshooting technical issues.

2. What skills are necessary to become a successful electrical engineer?

To be a successful electrical engineer, one must have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, as well as excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. They should also have a good understanding of electrical principles and be proficient in using computer-aided design (CAD) software.

3. What type of education is required to become an electrical engineer?

Most electrical engineers have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Some may also have a master's degree or a Ph.D. for more advanced positions. It is also important for electrical engineers to continue learning and staying updated on new technologies and advancements in the field.

4. Can you give an example of a project an electrical engineer might work on?

An electrical engineer may work on a project to design and develop a new electronic device, such as a smartphone or a medical device. They would be responsible for creating the circuitry, testing the device for functionality and safety, and overseeing the manufacturing process.

5. What is the job outlook for electrical engineers?

The job outlook for electrical engineers is positive, with a projected growth rate of 5% from 2019 to 2029. This is due to the increasing demand for new technologies and advancements in fields such as renewable energy, telecommunications, and healthcare. Electrical engineers with a background in computer software and hardware are expected to have the best job prospects.