1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Summer courses in Europe for undergraduates (chemistry/physics)

1. Sep 9, 2012 #1
    Hi all, in few days I'm going to start my undergraduate chemistry degree. I heard there are summer programs for undergraduates and I was searching for them but i couldn't find any.
    I was wondering if there is any summer school that offers summer courses or research experiences for undergraduates students in area of physical chemistry, soft matter, nanosciences or something like that (I'm also interested in extra courses in mathematics, physics, computer sciences or anything else that could help me in science carer).
    I know I have a whole year before next summer but I like to plan in advance :biggrin:

ps. It would be nice if summer school is in Europe, but I'm ready to check other opportunities.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2012 #2
    Not sure about summer courses (my experience is that universities stop formal teaching over the summer) but you can definitely try to get some research experience in a lab. Research groups sometimes get some summer students working for a couple of months so your best bet would be to email groups of interest directly to see if there are any opportunities for this. In your first year this might be difficult since you won't be very experienced in which case try sticking with your own university. Ask your lecturer or tutor that you would already be in contact with - big research groups will usually have some small projects for an undergrad to do and most are not against the idea of having a free slave for the summer!

4. Sep 10, 2012 #3
    Thank you :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook