1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Synchronous Machine - Scalar Pot Solution

1. Aug 10, 2007 #1
    My problem is defined like that. I am trying to find radial and tangential field distribution on a surface of the rotor of a large airgap synchronous machine. To do that I start from the general scalar potential equation solution in polar coordinates of the form pot = (ar+b/r)sin(teta). I take the gradient of this equation and have equations for both tangential and radial fields. Where I am struggling is finding a and b coefficients. In order to do it I need proper boundary conditions. So I assume two cases during the short circuit there are no radial fiel d only tangential so I can solve it for coefficients. During no load operation there is no tangential field on the side of the stator and I know the airgap flux density so I am able to find the coefficients. Is this the right approach.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted