Tangential force unit conversion

Hi , if we have a rotating centrifuge at rpm "a" and we have the radius "b" of the centrifuge and then at the side i have a metal ball that weight's "c" I take the formula which you suggested me here F=ma where a=v2/r and out of that I get newtons, how do i convert them to like pascals? Because i read that somewhere they use newtons/square meter somewhere newtons/square millimeter and that confuses me.

And would the calculus be different if i wanted to find out how much force on the side is exerted by a gas let's say than a solid like in this case a solid object?

Thanks.

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hi Crazymechanic! :smile:
… I get newtons, how do i convert them to like pascals? Because i read that somewhere they use newtons/square meter somewhere newtons/square millimeter and that confuses me.
A Pascal is a Newton per square metre …

it's the SI unit "derived" from the base units of Newton and metre, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_derived_unit :wink:
And would the calculus be different if i wanted to find out how much force on the side is exerted by a gas let's say than a solid like in this case a solid object?
Exactly the same. :smile:

Thanks Tim:)